Thursday, April 10, 2014

Seeking the Lost

Have you ever been stuck in a long line?  I was today. There was a man at the post office who was in a rant over mail that hadn't been delivered. He was taking much time and so we waited for the only other post office person.  I could have stepped out of line but you know once you are in it you are committed plus I didn't know how long this ranting person would go on. Well, he went on and on.

So I began to notice the woman ahead of me. A pleasant young asian woman who was using her smart phone. I asked her if she liked it and she responded she did. As time went by I started to talk to her about our program for youth at the Korean Church. She was interested and put on her phone pertinent information.

She was ahead of me and finally she went to the window. To my surprise, she was still waiting after I was finished.

Where is that Korean Church she wanted to know. I told her and it then became clear to me that we were in the case of a lost sheep. "How long have you been in America?"

"One year" she said. I then started to tell her how wonderful the church was and the time of the service. A long line led to a connection between this seeking Korean woman and a possible church home. This delay was not an accident.  Be aware that sometimes you are put on hold so that you can talk to someone about God.

Jesus said, "I came to seek and save the lost." Nothing has changed in this plan.  He is still doing this through us. Think about how much He wanted the lost sheep. He was willing to go to the cross to reconcile people to God.

Maybe if we just "get" the program, if I just get it faster, I will be aware of what is happening the next time I am held up by a long line.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...