Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Taste of Pie

If a pie is in the making there usually is a scrap of crust. I don't bake pies but I do make a little treat with the extra. I flatten in out to a good bite sized piece and sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon and then put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

When it comes out, I sip a little coffee and enjoy the reclaimed crust. It never fails to give me a sense of comfort. You ask why? Because when I came home from school as a very hungry preteen my sweet grandmother always had the extra scraps ready to bake for me.


This fresh baked treat was a taste of kindness I still feel today. Grandmother knew how to show me love. Looking back I know she not only baked treats but she prayed for me to follow her in faith.

Eventually I did. Never underestimate what a small kindness plus prayer now may reap later in someone's life. Love is kind. Put that in your life and get into step with the spirit of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...