Sunday, December 14, 2014

Going Light

It wasn't easy to pack in a roll aboard for one week trip. I had to think and choose carefully.  I couldn't take all the changes I wanted, only the essential things.

Like life, we think we need to carry so much but we don't. We just need the things that make us strong. I pack a Bible. I pack what I need for exercise. I consider the weather and packed two pairs of shoes plus soft slippers for the hotel.


Having just moved far too much in the way of worldly goods from one state to another, I am rethinking what we is really needed. Many fewer things than we think. We don't really need another outfit, we need to go through and give to others who really could use our excess baggage. I am finding going light really is fun. It is easy to move with less.

More material things will never deeply satisfy us. I am thankful for clothes and shelter but these are not what really brings joy. Have a look at excess in your closet and the baggage of the world you carry. Isn't it time to let go and get real with yourself about what really matters.

Jesus said, WHAT DOES IT PROFIT IF A MAN GAINS THE WHOLE WORLD
AND LOSES HIS SOUL.

Think about it today and act on it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...