Saturday, March 19, 2011

Door of Reconciliation

I have been thinking a great deal about Connie Rhodes (see previous) and remember that one of the things she taught me was about using the door of reconciliation. She showed me a picture of a door with a hole in it and one person reaching through the whole to the person on the other side.


I cannot remember what my problem was at that time but it was an issue with someone. She told me that forgiveness was a key to reconciliation and THAT SOMEONE HAD TO BE THE FIRST ONE TO PUT A HAND THROUGH THE DOOR as it only could fit one hand and wrist.

This stuck in my mind as a good visual. By the grace of God, we can be the first to forgive. The first to say "I'm sorry" and reach out to the person on the other side. The first to communicate anyway we want DIRECTLY to the other person.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. We have power to forgive within us. We have grace. Is there someone you need to reach out your hand and forgive?
Take a few minutes and think about this.
The Story Of The Door Of Reconciliation - from Services of Halton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...